Translate

Sunday 7 September 2008

Sunday Stitching




Hi,


Firstly I must say thank you to Jackie who very kindly gave me an award which I need to pass on to seven others.
Watch this space, I will have ago this week.
As I am fairly new in blog land it's nice to think may be a few people find your blog worth a look.


I had my ticket come through for the Knitting and Stitching show at the NEC this week.
I find it so inspiring I can't wait!


Last year I was in awe of the work of Helene Soubeyran who made segments of petrified textiles, fabric folded and pleated and preserved in resin.
Tilleke Schwarz had 25 years of work on display.
All her incredibly detailed samplers, just breath taking seeing them all together.


So here is what I have been working on and will be tonight with some hand stitching.
As you can see I have been drawing on to the felt with my sewing machine free motion foot.
I try and use my machine in the same way as I draw or paint.I then have to use hand stitching, I love the rhythm of stitching by hand.
My life drawing class starts again this week so I may have some drawings to share with you...
only if they work out ok of course, I don't want to shock anyone!
Bye for now.


8 comments:

Gina said...

My ticket for the NEC came through this week. Hoping to get there on Thursday.

Lindsey said...

I'm never organised enough to pre-order but I will be there at least once. Can't wait as I missed the Festival of Quilts.

This piece is so gorgeous. All my fave colours. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi,
I will be going on Thursday too!
Perhaps I should wear one of my brooches so you can try and spot me!Mind you there may be many people wearing different fabric brooches!

Gina said...

If you want to meet up would love to stop for a cuppa with you! If you email me on textiles(at)ginaferrari(dot)co(dot)uk I'll let you have my mobile no. and perhaps we could arrange something? I've been wearing one of Jackie's brooches all summer which is how she spotted me at the FOQ!

Karen said...

Hi! I hate that I have to wait so long for the knitting and stitching show to come 'up north'. We have to wait until november, you are so lucky!

Helen said...

Hi Kayla,
thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. These pieces you've done look wonderful. I especially like the free flowing felt and stitch work in this recent post.

Heloise said...

Lovely combination of colour and texture.

Hope you all enjoy KSS. I cannot make it, hurt my leg, so disapointed.

Julia said...

I love the rich texture,and intense colour you get in your felt pieces.They're gorgeous!