Translate

Sunday 28 December 2008

Gifts,Walk And Brooches

Tree brooch

Dancing Stitches

Our Walk Across The Fields (very muddy)


Trees!



Kenilworth Castle Today




Gifts




Hello
Hope your festivities are going well.
I must say thank you to Alex who sent me a secret Santa gift.
She sent me this beautiful hand made pottery, felt book, bracelet and chocolates!
My gift has gone astray across the Atlantic to Paloma!
Hope it gets there soon Paloma
Today we were out in the bitter cold, taking our dog Bertie for a walk across the fields.
Need to walk off all those Christmas calories!
Our walk takes us past Kenilworth Castle , we are so lucky to live near such a beautiful historic Castle.
If you ever come to Warwickshire you should visit.

I have been working on a few bits of embroidery, a dancing figure and another tree brooch.
I do hope to get back to a bit of painting and drawing this week, my husband gave me an easel for Christmas!

















17 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Pretty, pretty brooch and trees and gifts and there's a castle??!! Wow. Only snow castles where I live.

Helen said...

I remember seeing the castle one time but didn't get to go around it. A stunning impression it made though nestled there in the treetops.

I do love the colours in your tree broach.

Jackie said...

I am dying to get back to 'work' but no immediate pressure I can't seem to get down to anything.
The brooches are so fabulous..why don't you do some little pics..really tiny ..and mount them for framing?

Poppy said...

Lovely gifts!

The brooch with the dancing lady is beautiful!!!

Lou xxx

Jackie said...

Me again. look what I found..http://ireanillos.blogspot.com/2008/12/kaila-coo.html

Jackie said...

Did you look at the Spanish blog on the link?
(Sorry I can't contact you any other way than comments)

Alexandra said...

Hi, gorgeous brooch! Glad you liked the gifts :) Have a great week xx

Lynn Cohen said...

i like that dancer and can see where you get the inspiration for your tree brooches. lovely

Kitty said...

That top brooch is one of my favourites of your work - wonderful. I don't think I've ever been to Kenilworth - that's one to aim for. Thanks for the tip.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. x

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I can't believe you are so close to one of the famous castles of the bristish history. I loooove the history of England and more over everithing about Queen Elizabeth I.

hens teeth said...

Hi M
Kenilworth Castle looks stunning as o your brooches. I love the dancing figure. So pleased you had a lovely secret santa too.
Happy New Year!

Acornmoon said...

Your work is making me want to try machine embroidery, I think I have a darning foot. Enjoy your easel and have a great New Year!

Gina said...

Lovely brooches as ever. Wishing you a very happy 2009 - so glad to have met you this year.

Heloise said...

Wonderful brooches. Wishing you a Happy new year.

Kel said...

Happy New Year!!
Love your pictures
Path left ater the walk is so cool
and
the CASTLE!!!
OMG that is the COOLEST thing ever!!
Happy 2009
Kel

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting - am returning the call. We seem to have such a lot in common I shall add you to my blog list. I too love textile art (there is some on my blog but quite a long way back). Love the work of Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn - also Alice Kettle. I used to live in the Midlands and know Kenilworth castle well - have visited the Royal quite often. I liked your photograph of the countryside - so different from ours up here. Happy New Year to you - call again.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

I just came across your blog while browsing on blogspot, looking for fellow textile fanatics. You're just down the road so thought I'd say hi. Love what you're doing with felt.