Translate

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Buttons,Flowers,Trees And Brooches















Hello,



I was very lucky to be given all these old, odd buttons, some of them will be destined for school and some of the large buttons I have used on my flower brooches.
I spent quite a long time just playing with them!

Before I forget I want to thank a few people who very kindly chose me for awards or tags
karen from Contemporary Embroidery, Izabela from Knit and Crochet,Sarah from The Forest Room and Embellisher.
So sorry I have been a bit late!
I am also in the process of making a few more art works which will progress in to stitches.
Hope to bring you more news soon.
Have a good week.x














8 comments:

silverpebble said...

Ooh that big pile of buttons gets me rather excited! Beautiful painting, and as ever, the tree is just lovely. Fabulous brooched too. Emma x

hens teeth said...

In the words of Homer Simpson.....Awwwwww. Buttons, drawing, brooch, all just awwwwwww.

Poppy said...

All of it so beautiful!
I love buttons, I get so excited over them, sad I know!
Love Lou xxx

Kitty said...

You can't beat a good rummage through some old buttons, can you? I love your brooches, they are so simple but stylish. x

Kim said...

I love your color palette! Right now I have no plans to dye the fleece, I am going to work with natural colors for this project. I am working on dyeing silk right now though, for a different project. When I look at your pieces though, it makes me want to dye everything!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Your trees are beautiful. I like the sketches you did over Easter, they've got real life and atmosphere.

robin dudley-howes said...

So fun! Love all the vivid colors!
robin

Victoria said...

One of the greatest inventions ever had to have been the button! ...I have bowls full of them and could sort and play with the little darlings for hours!