Translate

Monday 27 April 2009

Happy Memories




I finished this little picture today, Happy Pink Tree, adding a few birds flying about, creating more patterns.
Also this little tree badge measuring 4.5cm x 5cm in shades of turquoise, it works well against the pale purple back ground.
I am busy drawing, dying wool and stitching for the exhibition in June.
It's great to have an exhibition as something to work towards, I will never get bored!
I think back to my childhood and I remember saying to my Mum that I was bored.
You know, on days when it poured with rain and because we lived in a remote village, most of my friends lived too far away to call on and go out to play.
My mum would get out pens and paper and the fabric scrap bag then my sister's and I would spend hours making all sorts of things; happy memories.

12 comments:

Heloise said...

I particularly like the pink tree in the green rolling countryside. I too have happy memories of days like that.

Victoria said...

These are so lovely, especially the pink one! I feel the same way about boredom, it just doesn't happen... and I also have happy memories of creating as a child. As a matter of fact I just thanked my mother this morning for always encouraging our creativity and imagination, such a splendid gift.

Art4Sol said...

I'm sure it will be a great event and you will sell out!

Lorie McCown said...

Yes, I hope your exhibit is just wonderful. Your work is so great.

Lesley's Creations said...

I love your 'Happy Pink Tree', how pretty. And I couldn't agree more, there's just not enough time in the day to get bored. It was my dad that was always making and creating, so I have him to thank for my memories and creative imagination. Good luck with the exhibition. xx

gunnelsvensson said...

Beautiful new works! The exhibition will be great!

Cathy Cullis said...

lovely new work - I always feel uplifted by your stitched trees - as if they are really alive and breathing x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely lovely work - your pieces will look amazing in the gallery xx

Mia said...

Amazing work! +claps+

And such a cute text, about the memories <3

mimilove forever said...

Beautiful post, beautiful work madam! x:)

Acornmoon said...

I think the little square piece would look great on little books, needlebooks would be lovely! Have you ever thought about book covers?

Good luck x

Anonymous said...

Lovely little pink tree - although the purple one is beautiful too...I don't know about your exhibition yet - email me and let me know when and where!