Translate

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Landscape Painting



The first week of the summer holidays and all we have had is cloud and rain!
My sister and I took our dogs and children for a walk through the fields and I not wishing to miss an opportunity, took some photo's of the landscape.
The fields had been full of blue flowers which I had sadly missed, but they had gone over to reveal a beautiful pale colour green, a perfect shade with the purple Borage and pink grass.
We walked to Kenilworth castle and I love this view through the trees.

When we returned home I started to do some more painting and sketching inspired by our walk.
Fingers crossed the weather improves!

13 comments:

Valerianna said...

Lovely painting... wishing you some sunshine. We can trade, we need rain, got plenty of sun!

Unknown said...

Michala,
Love the new painting,especially how you broke up the field in the background.

Thimble Fingers said...

Just love the painting. Your style is very unique and enticing.
I enjoyed the article in Stitch magazine too.

Cerejeira said...

Striking!!!

Gina said...

Beautiful painting!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I wish you were nearer to here - there is an exhibition in the Station at Richmond and one or two embroideries - not a patch on yours.

éoline said...

With this weather, the greens are grenn, not yellow as here! I think you'll imagine and create many new pages.
With sunny from France!

Jensters said...

Such a lovely painting...sorry the weather is not good were you are.

Alexandra said...

Lovely photos...we are having lots of rain, hope the sun comes back soon xx

AeFondKis said...

Wow what an image the energy exudes from the picture!
Walking is a powerful resource looks like you got a lot out of it!

Julie said...

Beautiful painting Michayla. I love the look of that field in the photo with the borage growing in a strip.

Karen said...

don't hold your breath re the weather!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous painting! I just love the walk back across the fields, looking at that stunning castle. Some sun would be lovely.